Thursday, July 24, 2014

Stop and smell the sunflowers

Despite what my mother told me (every summer for years), summer is NOT over when Fourth of July gets here. (Although it often feels like it!) But summer does seem to fly by, despite my best efforts to slow it down.

If my calculations are correct (and keep in mind I was an English major in college for a reason), summer is about half way over. As depressing as that thought is, I am taking it as a wake up call.

It's time to stop and smell the roses, or sunflowers, as the case may be!




Have you taken advantage of all that summer has to offer?

Have you:

-Visited your local Farmer's Market?
-Taken a bike ride?
-Watched the sunset?
-Watched the sunrise?
-Swam in a pool? Lake? Ocean?
-Built a sandcastle?
-Bought lemonade from a neighborhood stand?
-Ridden a roller coaster?
-Read a good, trashy book?
-Slept in?
-Stayed up late?
-Roasted marshmallows?
-Visited a fair or carnival?
-Lost track of the days?
-Put away your make-up?
-Baked a pie?
-Visited a pick-your-own farm?
-Run through a sprinkler?
-Camped out?
-Gone barefoot for the day?
-Caught fireflies (and then let them go, of course :)
-Had ice cream for dinner?
-Created a sidewalk chalk masterpiece?
-Turned off the tv, phone, and computer for the day? The afternoon?
-Gone to a drive-in movie theater?
-Attended a baseball game?
-Made a wish on a star?
-Gone fishing?
-Packed a picnic?
-Gone cloud watching?
-Washed your car?
-Played mini-golf?
-Played on the swings?
-Had a barbecue?
-Gone to the zoo?
-Flagged down the ice cream truck?
-Gone to the park?
-Attended an outdoor concert?
-Eaten a s'more?

You haven't?

Well, what are you waiting for? It's the last week of July people! Time is a wastin'!

So get out there and enjoy summer and all its glory!

You're welcome!



6 comments:

  1. As a teacher friend of mine put it, the summer is analogous to a weekend. June = Friday, July = Saturday, and August = Sunday. It's only Saturday, Kate, but I still have lots to do on this list. Thanks for the reminders:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that analogy and completely agree!
      Hope you are enjoying your summer!

      Delete
  2. Oh but this is wonderful. Yes to the lemonade stand - although my experience was a tad disappointing. $1.00 for 3/4 cup of canned rootbeer and we had to return the cup later. Off to an outdoor play tonight. That'll be fun. However you've reminded me there are still so many more things to do. Off to get started. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer is my favorite season so when I realized it was already approaching the end of July, I knew I wanted to stop and appreciate all it has to offer!
      Enjoy the rest of your summer Kelly! (Outdoor play - I forgot that! Hope it was fabulous!)

      Delete
  3. I love your list but it reminds me of how pitifully few summertime activities I've taken advantage of so far! The simple pleasures are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are so right - the simple pleasures are the best!
      Enjoy the rest of your summer - there's still time :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a note and let me know what you're thinking! But please remember, we're all friends here!